1. Cut 5-6 small potatoes and 1 onion into very thin slices.
2. Boil in olive oil until cooked. Make sure there is enough oil to cover all the potatoes. Do not fry them. They should be soft, not crispy. Medium-high temperature.
3. Strain mixture from oil into a large bowl where 6-7 eggs have been beaten.
4. Salt to taste. I normally put in just under a teaspoon.
5. In a smaller pan with a higher lip, pour mixture with very little oil. Lower the temperature. Let it cook for a few minutes. When you see the edges forming like an omelette, place a plate larger than the diameter on the pan over top.
6. Take pan to the sink. Steady the plate with one hand and flip the pan onto it.
7. Slide the mixture back into the pan. Let the other side cook.
8. Don’t burn it. Or yourself. Or the house.